All library locations will be closed Sunday, May 9 for Mother's Day.
Automatic Renewal FAQ
Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) is pleased to announce that automatic renewals will begin Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
- All customers are automatically enrolled in automatic renewals.
- Most eligible items will automatically renew up to five-times.
- Interlibrary Loan Marina (borrowed from other Maryland public libraries) items will renew two times.
- Items will renew two days prior to the due date.
Which items are not eligible for automatic renewal?
- Items with holds
- Items that have already been renewed the maximum number of times
- The account has lost or damaged fees.
- Interlibrary Loan OCLC items (items with the orange band from libraries outside of Maryland)
- Museum passes
- Digital items (eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, streaming movies and music)
Does an automatic renewal give me less time to borrow an item?
No. Automatic renewals will calculate the new due date from the original due date so you will not lose any time.
Can I still renew my items on my own?
If your items have a 21-day checkout you may renew items seven days prior to the due date. If your items have a 7-day checkout you may renew your items three days prior to the due date. If you attempt to renew prior to those dates the items will not renew.
How will I know if my items renewed?
If you have signed up for email notifications, you will receive an email notice that will inform you if your item was successfully renewed or not. You can also check your library account online or contact your local branch.