eLearning for All Ages
LinkedIn Learning (formerly lynda.com) is an online education service that can help you learn technology, creative, and business skills.
Udemy offers over 4,000 courses in the areas of business, tech, and personal development.
O'Reilly for Public Libraries (formerly Safari Books) offers eBooks on technical topics from a range of publishers including programming, certification training, and specific software applications.
The Great Courses on Kanopy include a wide ranging list of courses on topics that include cooking, science, art, music, writing, and more!
Brainfuse offers online academic services designed to support diverse learning needs for students from early elementary school through adulthood. Services include live tutoring, skills building, and much more.
Gale Presents: Peterson's Test Prep contains resources to help prepare for the SAT, GED, or other tests. Practice tests and courses are also available.
New Users Start Here
- Visit the Lynda login page and click the Create Profile button
- Enter your library card number.
- Create and enter a password in both password entry boxes. Your password must be at least 6 characters in length and include letters and numbers. You must submit a support ticket to Lynda to retrieve a lost password so please keep your password saved in a safe location such as a password management program and make it easy to remember.
- After creating your profile, you can then visit the Lynda login page to login and access your account.
- You are all set to find courses and start learning!
- You must have a Google or Microsoft account to create a Udemy account.
- After creating an account there, visit the Udemy login page and enter your library card number. (You will not be prompted to enter your card number if you are at a library location).
- Click the Sign in/Create a Udemy account button, then login with your Google or Microsoft username and password.
- Browse for courses and begin your learning adventure!
- Download and open the app or visit the Mango website
- Follow these instructions to create a profile
- If using the website, follow this link to login with your new profile credentials
- If using the app, follow these instructions under the Mobile tab to select Anne Arundel Public Library as your library.
- You are set to start learning!
- Download the app if you are using a mobile device.
- Whether using the app or visiting the website, please make sure to start by clicking the blue Use Rosetta Stone Library Solution button on this library website page. You can only access our free library version of Rosetta Stone using this link.
- Follow the instructions on this page to set up your account on either the website or via the app on your mobile device.
- Set your choice of language when you login to Rosetta Stone and begin your learning experience.
Download the Apps
|Name of App||iOS||Android||Amazon Fire|
|Lynda||Download Lynda for iOS||Download Lynda for Android||Download Lynda for Amazon Fire|
|Udemy||Download Overdrive for iOS||Download Udemy for Android|
|Mango||Download Mango for iOS||Download Mango for Android||Download Mango for Amazon Fire|
|Rosetta Stone||Download Rosetta Stone for iOS||Download Rosetta Stone for Android||Download Rosetta Stone for Amazon Fire|
All eLearning platforms are also available on your web browser.
- Mango Support: Visit Mango's support center.
- Rosetta Stone Library Edition Support: Go to the Rosetta Stone Support Page: Select "School" then scroll to the bottom for Call, Email, or Chat options.
- Udemy Support: Get help in Udemy's support area.
- Lynda Support: Use LinkedIn Learning's support page for general support questions. Forgot your lynda.com password? Follow these instructions to open a support ticket and reset your password.
- Kanopy Support: Visit the Kanopy Help Center or email email@example.com.
- O'Reilly for Public Libraries (formerly Safari Books) limits the number of people logged in at one time, please return later if you are not allowed to view books or videos. Visit the O'Reilly support page if you continue to have difficulty.
- Blocked card? Your account may be blocked from requesting or downloading digital materials if you have fines or overdue materials of $15 or more. Log in to your account to see details or pay fines online with SmartPay.
For other problems with Safari, Gale Virtual Reference, or Testing and Education Reference Center, or other digital resource please contact us.